The mission of the Milstein Medical Asian American Partnership Foundation (MMAAP Foundation) is to improve world health by developing mutually beneficial partnerships between the United States and China, as well as greater Asia. Working with some of the premier health organizations in the world, the MMAAP Foundation will bring together and fund exchanges among the best research, medical talent, and institutions in the regions. This strategy is a high priority for its founders, Howard P. Milstein and the Paul and Irma Milstein Foundation.
For more than 50 years, the Milstein family has been actively involved in health and medical-related philanthropy. The MMAAP Foundation will build upon this distinguished history in areas that include: Senior Healthcare, Skin Disease and Melanoma, Reproductive Biology, Blood Research, and Translational Medicine. Among the Milstein-supported organizations expected to participate are the following:
- Senior Healthcare: The Irma and Paul Milstein Program for Senior Health.
- Skin Disease and Melanoma: American Skin Association and the Milstein Melanoma Research Program at the Rockefeller University.
- Reproductive Biology: Howard and Georgeanna Jones Foundation for Reproductive Medicine.
- Blood Research and Medicine: New York Blood Center, including the Howard P. Milstein Cord Blood Center.
- Translational Medicine: the Program for Translational Chemical Biology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
The MMAAP Foundation is designed to become a highly respected international foundation demonstrating expertise in producing medical and scientific progress with integrity and efficiency.